Educate, Network, Market.
Supporting Washington's Bed & Breakfasts.
The Washington Bed and Breakfast Guild (WBBG) is Washington's only statewide association dedicated to the bed and breakfast industry. The WBBG is a not-for-profit organization whose Board of Directors are member-volunteers enhanced by staff who provide continuous member support. The WBBG encourages excellence through quality assurance and the promotion of high ethical standards.
Primarily the WBBG exists in order to make Washington Innkeepers and their Bed & Breakfasts, the best the state has to offer. We do this through many channels, but to name a few;
- We educate and advise Aspiring Innkeepers, helping them through the planning and implementation of their dream to open a B&B. They are encouraged to learn from experienced Innkeepers, avoiding some of the pitfalls their mentors possibly faced.
- The B&B Industry is constantly changing, we provide continuing education through conferences, workshops, this web site and newsletters.
- We have a Government Relations liaison, who works with government agencies and the like to combat excessive and non-sensical legislation, laws and rules.
- We educate Government agencies on our existence and differences from the greater lodging industry, specifically hotels and motels.
- Associate members - Professional contacts and offers from those companies serving our industry.
- Member Educators and Resources - Experienced innkeepers offering advice and their learning experiences.
We provide the foundation for the only state based group of Bed and Breakfasts. We provide members with many ways to make our industry stronger.
- We provide networking opportunities at our Annual Meeting.
- We facilitate tours and social events regionally, helping area Inns work together.
- We offer participation in our quarterly board meetings, whether it be as a board member, committee member, or simply dining with fellow Innkeepers.
- We network with other state association and guilds, along with the Professional Association of Innkeepers International (PAII). Making sure Washington is known and has her say!
- We publish the InnStep newsletter which is delivered via email, and the Quarterly President's Report delivered by snail mail, to members and other state organizations.
Often seen as the primary reason for joining a guild or association, marketing is the most obvious link to your financial success as Innkeepers. We market in many ways.
- Through this web site at WBBG.com. This is the most obvious tool.
- We blog for the membership and potential guests at Travel Inn Journal. Inspiring ideas for both potential guests and Innkeepers alike.
- Attend conferences, trade shows and the like, representing the WBBG.
- Speak at Visitors Bureaus, Conferences and local associations.
- WBBG Cookbook.
- Print Directory in over 300 locations on the West Coast.
The Guild offers three levels of membership: